Hello everyone. It’s Carina Garrity for the Sunday edition of the Essex Chester Deep River Daily. Keep reading to find out all the most important things happening locally, including the latest…
- Walmart no longer has bags. Get ready!
- Good Speed Musical holds auditions!
- Blood Donation in Essex.
But first of all, today’s weather.
Strong winds and plenty of sunshine. High: 41 Low: 27.
📢 Essex-Chester-Deep River Seeking Business Owners and Marketers Anyone who wants to raise awareness, connect with customers, and increase sales.
There are a limited number of sponsorships available to showcase the local businesses our readers need to know about. If that’s you, learn more now and secure your spot.
Today’s Essex Chester Deep River top news:
- As of January 18th, Walmart in Connecticut will run out of bags. According to the Hartford Courant, “This is part of the company’s sustainability goals, and Walmart officials say all customers will be required to bring their own bags or purchase recyclable bags at the store. “Towards sustainability,” said Felicia McCranny, Walmart’s director of corporate affairs. (Hartford Courant)
- According to a post on Goodspeed Musicals Facebook, “Now it’s time to sing! Goodspeed is holding local auditions for their upcoming production of Gypsy. Looking for young actors ages 8-12. Auditions will be held on Saturday, February 2nd at 11am in East Hadham starting at 10am All auditions are by appointment only Call 860.873.8664, x721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please schedule an appointment. Candidates must be available for rehearsals and performances between March 28th and June 18th.Details: http://bit.ly/3QFXVbi”‘ (Good via Facebook speed musical)
- Mark your calendar for the blood drive that will be held in Essex’s City Hall Auditorium. The event will be held on Friday, January 20th from 12:45 to 18:00. (Essex Government)
Essex Chester Deep River Today:
- Library Mini Golf Friends Fundraiser (12:00 PM)
From my notes:
- Town of Essex – Government: “Update from Tritown Animal Control! Rogue Adopted!” (Town of Essex – Government via Facebook)
- Essex Trade Commission: “Mini-golf fundraiser at the Essex Public Library this weekend! Check out the last photo for details.” (Essex Trade Commission via Facebook)
- Essex Library: “Join Essex Libraries MP Christine Palm to discuss issues important to residents of District 36. All community conversations should be open to all residents of District 36 (Chester, Deep River, Essex, Haddam). It is open to people.” (Essex Library via Facebook)
- Essex Library: “Can you beat the clock? Take on the LEGO Minutes to Win It Challenge during Take Your Child to the Library Week! I’m up for the challenge! Registration required. Call 860-767-1560.” (Essex Libraries via Facebook)
Sponsored additions — Thanks for supporting local news!
Thank you for following and getting the information. Let’s meet again!
— Karina Garrity
About me: I am originally from Connecticut and currently live in the Tri-Town community of Chester, Deep River and Essex. I have been a community reporter for the past 20 years. I love small town communities and am honored to be a part of Patch.com. You can contact me; email@example.com.