Birmingham, Alabama (WBRC) – No scissors or clipping required. Saving money with coupons has never been easier.
“Coupons save you money every time you go shopping,” said Kimberly Palmer.
Kimberly Palmer is a personal finance expert at NerdWallet and helped create our list of the best free coupon apps to use. With grocery prices up 13% since last year, Palmer recommends using her Flipp.
“Basically, you download the app, enter your zip code, and it shows you all the grocery coupons for the week, so you can actually plan your grocery list for where the bargains are,” Palmer said. explains.
Once in the app, choose your favorite stores and weekly staples. Flipp then organizes the coupons based on your selections.
Coupons.com is another app that makes grocery shopping easy and affordable. Palmer said dozens of stores have access to hundreds of coupons.
“Coupons.com basically collects coupons for every store you might shop at, so you don’t have to do the work of sorting newspaper circulars. Just view all those coupons within the app. You don’t have to carry anything but your phone—you just open the app at the store and scan the coupon at the cash register,” says Palmer.
If you want to buy a specific item but want to make sure you get the best deal, Palmer recommends ShopSavvy.
“ShopSavvy is actually one of my favorites because basically when you’re shopping in a store and you launch a shop-savvy app, it’s equipped with a barcode scanner so you can see what items you’re looking at. Scan for the lowest price or if there is a lower price at another store.”
Honey can also help you find the lowest price per item, which Palmer says is perfect for online shopping.
“When you download a Chrome extension to your browser, it basically means it’s always running in the background when you’re shopping online, and it actually pops up and says, ‘This product is in your cart. I’ve verified that it’s actually under there.” Want to check prices at other online retailers?”
She continued, “You’ll also see the coupon code so you don’t have to search for it yourself. And the extra discount is applied automatically, so it’s actually a really great way to get an extra discount.” and is the perfect tool for holiday shopping.”
Whether it’s a weekly grocery shopping trip or a special splurge, Palmer promises big savings with little effort.
“If you are willing to invest the extra time you need, you can generate significant savings.”
NerdWallet also recommends the following apps:
- coupon app
- What it does: The Coupons app collects deals, coupons and promo codes from over 100,000 retailers. You can use it to create a list of your favorite retailers, browse store and restaurant deals, and check weekly ads (if you have enabled locations). This app also helps you find the cheapest gas prices nearby. We’re all trying to save a little gas these days, and you can also view his daily Groupon deals based on location and get discounts on products on Amazon.
- Uses: shopping and dining, buying gas
- the goal (with target circle)
- Features: Target’s app asks users to enter their favorite Target store locations to browse local deals and view weekly ads. The app also includes Target Circle, formerly known as Cartwheel. This is a rewards program that allows a shopper to earn his 1% on in-store and online purchases. Target Circle earnings can be redeemed for future purchases. Add offers to your list in the app, enter your mobile number at the checkout and apply the coupon to your transaction. When shopping in-store, you can also use the barcode scanner feature to check prices, product reviews, and deals.
- Target shopper:
- coupon cabin
- Features: The CouponCabin app collects various services such as coupon codes for online shopping, downloadable coupons for in-store shopping, freebie offers, and more. Check out the deals available at retailers like Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Target, Petco, Hobby Lobby and more. Plus, earn up to 20% cash back on your online purchases from over 3,500 stores. Plus, get access to some member-only coupons.
- Best for: Online and in-store shopping
- Features: Dosh stands out for being able to apply savings to purchases beyond the typical retailer. For example, users can book thousands of hotels through the app and earn up to 40% cash back on select stays. Once you set up Dosh, your savings will be applied to your linked debit or credit card when you shop at Sephora, Walmart, Instacart, and more. Dosh can be used for in-app and in-store purchases, and can be redeemed for cash back rewards once you’ve accumulated $25 in your account.
- Uses: travel, dining, general shopping
Get news alerts on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, or subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Copyright 2022 WBRC. all rights reserved.