Chase Bank has a promotional offer for Total Checking + Savings accounts. Up to $900 total For new customers opening both checking and savings accounts, with additional specific requirements. This is a limited time offer and is significantly higher than the regular bonus amount. We recommend the email option where you will receive a confirmation email with the subject line “Here’s a $900 coupon from Chase!” Along with a unique 16-character coupon code. Otherwise, click the correct online link on the $900 page to apply the appropriate code to your application. The currently shown expiration date is April 19, 2023 for him, but it may expire earlier.
A notable requirement is that the “real” direct deposit must be converted to a checking account, requiring a deposit of $15,000 over 90 days of savings. Enter your email address to get a unique code for your online application. Some of the language suggests you must live near a physical Chase branch, but the link allows you to apply online and apply from anywhere (instant approval will tell you). If you already have a Chase credit card, you can pre-fill the application.
Checking the details of the Chase Total $300 bonus. The checking account offer is not available to customers with existing Chase checking accounts, trustee accounts, or accounts closed within 90 days or with a negative balance. Hmm. you must:
- Open a new Chase Total Checking account subject to approval.
- Please make a direct deposit to this account within 90 days of registering the coupon. Direct deposits must be electronic deposits of salaries, pensions, or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or government.
- After completing all the above check requirements, [Chase will] Deposit the bonus into your new account within 15 days.
Avoid Total Checking monthly service fees If you do at least one of each of the following statement periods: Otherwise, a $12 monthly service fee will apply.
- You have direct deposits totaling $500 or more in this account each month.Also
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more in your checking account. again,
- Maintain an average daily balance of at least $5,000 in any combination of eligible Chase checking, savings and other balances.
Chase Savings $200 Bonus Details. you must:
- Open a new Chase Savings account that requires approval.
- Deposit new money totaling $15,000 or more into a new savings account within 30 days of registering the coupon.
- Maintain a balance of at least $15,000 for 90 days from the coupon registration date. The new funds must not be funds held by Chase or its affiliates.
- Once you meet all the savings requirements above, the bonus will be credited to your new account within 15 days.
- 0.01% APY valid as of Jan 18, 2023 for the zip codes I checked.
Avoid Chase Savings monthly service fees If you do at least one of each of the following statement periods: Otherwise, a $5 monthly service fee will apply.
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $300 or more in your savings account. again,
- Make at least one automatic transfer of $25 or more from your Chase checking account. One-off transfers are not eligible. again,
- A Chase College CheckingSM account linked to this account for overdraft protection, OR,
- Account holders who are individuals under the age of 18; or
- Have a linked Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking, or Chase Private Client Checking account.
To receive an additional $400 bonus: You must open a checking and savings account at the same time and complete all the requirements above for both the checking and savings bonuses. After completing all the requirements, [Chase] will credit any outstanding bonuses to your new account within 15 days.
I have never read a report of a “hard” credit check nor have I experienced it myself with previous offers from many years ago. Or don’t restrict.
This is the best bonus I’ve seen for this Chase combo. For $15,000 he earns $900 in 90 days which equates to a 24% annualized return. Bonuses are considered interest and are reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
Conclusion. Chase offers great bonuses for trying checking and savings accounts (convenient accounts, but also accounts with near-zero interest). A total of $15,000 new deposit will open both accounts and avoid both monthly fees. I also need to change the direct deposit (any amount). Earning $900 on $15,000 in 90 days equates to a 24% annualized return.