Fort Lee, Virginia – Applications are now open for the Scholarship Program for Military Children for the 2023-2024 school year.
Now in its 23rd year, the program recognizes the contributions military families have made to combat force readiness and celebrates the commissar’s role in improving quality of life. The Fisher House Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting military personnel, veterans, and their families, administers the program.
Awarded more than $22 million to 12,812 students selected from nearly 113,000 applicants.
“For the 23rd consecutive year, the Commission is honored to partner with the Fisher House Foundation and industry to advance this unique opportunity for children from military families to pursue their dreams in higher education.” Marine Corps Sergeant said. Major Michael Saucedo, DECA Director’s Senior Petty Officer.
For the 2023-2024 academic year, the Fisher House Foundation will award 500 scholarships of $2,000 each. The selection process will begin shortly after the application deadline of February 16th at 2:59am.
Funding for the program comes from contributions from Commissionary Business Partners and other Fisher House Foundations designated exclusively for the scholarship program.
Ken Fisher, Chairman and CEO of the Fisher House Foundation, said: He also appreciates donors and supporters who appreciate how important military families are and support them through their scholarship programs. “
Selection conditions are easy. Requirements include completing an application form. Student’s official transcript showing a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on the 4.0 scale for high school applicants, or college transcripts showing a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher on the 4.0 scale for students already enrolled in college submission of a certificate; and a 500-word essay.
This year’s essay topics are listed under “Scholarships for Military Children” on militaryscholar.org.
Program eligibility is determined using the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System database. Applicants must ensure that they and their sponsor are registered with her DEERS and have her ID card currently dependent on the military. Applicants must plan to attend or are already attending an accredited college or university full-time in the fall of 2023. Alternatively, you must be enrolled in a study program designed to transfer you directly to a four-year program.
Applicants awarded a full scholarship to attend college or appointed to either a service academy or affiliated preparatory school are not eligible to receive funding from this program. Defined as providing payment for tuition, books, lab fees, and other expenses.
All scholarship program rules and requirements for the Military Children Program, as well as FAQ links, are available at militaryscholar.org.
The Fisher House Foundation also has a free, easy-to-use, custom scholarship search engine tailored to military families called “Scholarships for Service.” It is available for both mobile his devices and desktop computers at militaryscholar.org.
Concession sales flyers include special savings
The Department of Defense sales flyer, valid now through January 15, gives customers even better ways to save on fresh produce, meat, and more to help set the menu for family and friend gatherings as they ring in the New Year. It offers.
To prepare for your football-watching party, head to the Commissary and save with the new and improved Your Everyday Savings program. yes! Offer more savings and value on the products your customers buy the most. Look for the orange YES! Post it on your flyers and storefronts.
Regular customers can also save even more on already low concession prices by becoming a Savvy Shopper. See Sales Flyers and Featured Items | for more information. Commissary.
DECA’s “unconventional” limited-time recipe is spinach and prosciutto crepe pocket | TOTB recipes are nutritionist-approved and provide a quick and economical solution to home-cooked meals. Customers can save even more on the items mentioned in these recipes.
Commissary shoppers can continue their savings journey with Pathway to Savings ‘buy one get one free’ deals and Commissary Rewards Card digital coupons from Pathway to Savings. A customer saves him over $45 through these deals. More digital coupons are available at https://shop.commissaries.com/digital-coupons.
Recall that customers can now download the mobile app to access DECA’s website programs such as Commissary CLICK2GO online payments, curbside pickup, digital coupons, sales flyers and nutritionist-approved recipes. The app is free to download from Google Play and the iOS App Store.
Other savings opportunities include the following promotions:
- “New Year, New Start.” Customers can enter MyMilitarySavings.com/contests Here’s your chance to win one of five Commissary Gift Cards. Entry is limited to once per person.
- “Nature Made $1,000 Commissary Gift Card Giveaway.” 20 winners will win a $50 Commissary gift card. To participate, please visit https://familymedia.com/naturemade.
- P&G Stands TogetherEarn a $25 Commissary Gift Card when you spend $75 on participating P&G products at Commissary before January 29th. You can submit your receipt online at her PGWeStandTogether.com or by mail to: P&G We Stand Together Rebate Program, PO Box 125, Heyworth, Illinois 61745. Entries must be submitted or postmarked by February 6th.
- “Back to School/Educational Box Tops”. General Mills provides opportunities to save money year-round while supporting local schools through the “Box Tops for Education” promotion. Browse store displays and great coupons from brands participating in General Mills.
- “Purina PCS with Pet.” “PCS with Pets” is a communication and information portal aimed at educating and supporting pet owners in active duty military families. Sign up now and participate in this community forum at www.militarypetpcs.com/sign-in. You also have the chance to win a $500 pet travel fee by entering our monthly sweepstakes. Plus, 10 customers have a chance to win a Travel Pet his bag at www.militarypetpcs.com/contests.