Here’s the ultimate side dish filled with lots of fresh veggies!
Grab a can of chickpeas from the pantry and make this insanely delicious salad that’s bursting with lots of Greek-inspired fresh flavors I know you’re gonna LOVE!
Non-lettuce based salads are my absolute favorite, and you can enjoy this as a yummy side dish at your next BBQ or even as a light yet satisfying meal without having to turn on the oven. In fact, this salad tastes even better the next day and the leftovers are perfect for lunches!
Speaking of salads, be sure to add our popular bacon broccoli salad to your list of things to make!
This salad tastes just as lovely as it looks!
I love the rainbow of colorful veggies and it’s a perfect opportunity to use up tomatoes and cucumbers if you’re growing a summer garden. The process is easy, too! You’ll just be mixing up everything with a very simple homemade olive oil based dressing.
You can eat this right away or the flavors intensify even more as it sits in the fridge for a few hours.
Tips to make outstanding Greek chickpea salad:
- I’ve included a simple homemade olive oil vinaigrette, but you could essentially use any dressing you desire. I’ve used store-bought vinaigrettes when in a hurry, and it’s still delicious.
- I’ve listed the fresh dill and mint leaves as optional, as I’ve skipped that in the past if I don’t have any on hand, but they do add lots of yummy flavor! You can also add them to the dressing as well as to the salad.
- This salad can last up to 3 days covered in the fridge. You could keep the dressing separate and compile this salad in small containers for a yummy lunch prep idea for the week.
Greek Chickpea Salad
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
A gorgeous homemade salad featuring chickpeas, olives, feta, veggies, and a brightly flavored homemade olive oil dressing.
For the salad:
- 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- 1 large English cucumber, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 9 oz. cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped *optional
- 2 mint leaves, chopped *optional
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Brought to you by Hip2Save.
Greek chickpea salad is seriously a must-try salad all will LOVE!
The combination of salty olives, feta cheese, and chickpeas is over the top delicious. This is the type of homemade recipe I get excited for as it’s easy, and we’re using all fresh, brightly flavored ingredients.
Here’s what my teammate Jenna had to say about this recipe:
“I love me a good cold salad! This one is something I could eat all summer long! All of these flavors combined are so fresh and delicious! My 3-year-old sat and ate all the olives and tomatoes out of it, so I’m happy he loved it, too! The dressing was by far my favorite part! It’s as tasty as it is colorful – so fun!”